Party Wall Instruction – Peacehaven

I am delighted to have been received an appointment to act as the Adjoining Owners’ Surveyor in accordance with the Party Wall etc Act 1996 in Peacehaven, East Sussex

At Tim Greenwoods and Associates we have extensive party wall experience acting on behalf of both building owners undertaking the proposed party wall works, and the adjoining owners.  Our experience includes party wall instructions dealing with both commercial and residential buildings.

The party wall legislation covers works being undertaken on party walls and also those works where excavations are required adjacent to a neighbours property.  The party wall legislation sets out the rights and duties of each party and the timescales that need to be adhered to for agreeing the party wall matters prior to the proposed building works commencing.

We are able to offer clear information on the process, which for many unfamiliar with the party wall process and its terminology, can be confusing.

Once appointed by either the building owner or adjoining owner in accordance with the Party Wall etc Act 1996, we act impartially.  When appointed by the building owner we review the proposed works and prepare and serve party wall notices on the neighbouring owners in accordance with the party wall act.  Following the service of notices we prepare the schedules of condition of the neighbours property and agree party wall awards as required.  Our role when appointed by the adjoining owner is to check the party wall notices, agree the party wall award and schedule of condition with the building owners’ surveyor.

The party wall process can be a daunting one and is often viewed as an unnecessary additional cost to the building owner.  The legislation is designed to protect the party wall when works are being undertaken.  The party wall act also offers the respective owners protection in the event that works cause any damage thus reducing the risk of disputes between neighbours.  We have the expertise to deal with party wall matters and provide the advice required to ensure compliance with the Party Wall etc Act 1996.